Proper dental hygiene is very important to us here at Bensalem Dentistry, which is why we encourage all of our patients to pay close attention to their oral health. Oral hygiene not only affects dental health, but the patient’s overall health as well.
With regular home care, our patients can have teeth that are free of debris and bacteria, better smelling breath, and healthier teeth overall. It helps them battle gum disease, infection, and prevents possible procedures as a result of tooth decay.
We recommend the following practices for dental hygiene and periodontal health:
- Brush their teeth twice a day, for at least two minutes each time.
- Floss their teeth at least once a day.
- Use toothpaste and mouthwash that contains fluoride.
- Eat a healthy diet with minimal snacks and sugar-filled choices.
- Drink plenty of water and decreasing soda, coffee and wine.
- Visit us twice a year for a check-up and professional cleaning
With these simple daily practices, patients stand to have a healthier mouth and better overall health. They are taking good care of their teeth in between visits, and seeing us regularly to assess the health of their mouth and provide more education for good dental hygiene.